Last Updated: October 31, 2021
We at CoverRight Inc. believe it is important for you to know and understand how we use and disclose the information we collect when you use our website (CoverRight.com) and related services, and the steps we take to protect your privacy.
Collection and use of your personal information
The personal information we collect and how we use it depends on how you access or use our website or services. For example:
• We collect information directly from you when you register to use our services, apply for health insurance or other products, process your application, participate in a survey, or otherwise contact us. The type of information we collect may include your name, contact information, demographic information, and information about your credit, health and finances. We typically use this information for the purposes for which you provided it to us and any other purposes indicated at the time of collection.
• We may also collect your information from third parties, such as marketing vendors or your friends/family who have referred you to us. Such information typically includes your name and email address. We use this information to enhance our customer lists and send marketing emails to you.
In addition to the uses we describe above, we may also use your personal information for our internal business purposes, which includes conducting analytics about consumer engagement, personalizing and improving our services, providing technical support and customer service, sending you marketing communications (via mail, email, or text), sending you administrative and transactional communications, promoting new products, and protecting the integrity, safety and security of our business.
How we share your personal information
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
• We may share your personal information with service providers who we have hired to help us manage our business. For example, service providers may provide hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing services. Our policy is to permit our service providers to only use your personal information to provide services to us.
• We will share your personal information with our subsidiaries and if necessary other licensed insurance providers (hereinafter “Providers”). When we share your information with Providers, the Providers will use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. By submitting your information to us, you are also authorizing these businesses to contact you directly with information about insurance products or other services they offer.
• We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with CoverRight Inc. We do this for our own and our affiliates’ business operations purposes.
• If CoverRight Inc. is merged, acquired, or sold, or in the event of a transfer or restructuring of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer personal information in connection with such transaction.
• We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose personal information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect our safety, property, and rights or the rights of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
• We may share aggregated or non-identifiable information with third parties for various purposes, including for business or marketing purposes and to assist us and other parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits and usage patterns
Cookies and other tracking technologies
We also use tracking technology for advertising purposes. Sometimes, our advertisements may be targeted to your behaviors and interests we’ve inferred from your internet activity. You can learn more about, and opt out of behavioral advertising, by visiting YourAdChoices.
Updating your information
If your personal information is incorrect or you wish to correct it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out of marketing
You may opt-out of the marketing communications we send to you by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included in the marketing communication you receive from us. Unsubscribing from marketing communications does not mean that you will no longer receive emails from us. We may still send you emails that are transactional or relationship in manner.
How we protect your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, such as using secure means to transfer the information we receive through our website. Despite these security measures, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will always be secure.
California privacy rights
California residents who have established business relationships with us may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Information from minors
Our website is not directed to minors, and we not knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under the age of 13.
Visitors outside of the United States
Links to other websites
Our website and services may feature links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content or services of these third-party sites. The privacy practices of third parties may differ from our practices. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website you visit.
Financial privacy notice